This week our infographic addresses the topic of planning a wedding in just ONE MONTH! Whew. Just thinking about it makes me break a sweat.
Getting ready to create your wedding registry and have no clue where to start? Don’t worry… we’ve got your covered.
A wedding registry shouldn’t feel like a to do list, it should feel like a wish list of products that inspire and excite you. Think of it as a way to design your new life together and as an expression of your personal style both as individuals and as a couple. Here are 5 quick tips for how to create a wedding registry that does just that.
1) Think Outside of the (Big) Box: Choose a registry that not only features big box retailers, but that also features unique and specialty items that you can’t find anywhere else. No two couples are the same, so your registries shouldn’t be either!
2) Add Gifts Based on What Makes You Happy: Love to cook? Spend some extra time adding gifts for your kitchen, making sure you get all the products you need. Spend a lot of time watching “House of Cards” on the couch? Find the perfect ottoman to kick your feet up and search for extra comfy throw pillows. Crave creative cocktails? Focus on filling your mini bar with just the right glasses and bar tools. If you don’t think you’ll ever use something, don’t add it, no matter what people tell you! In the end, your registry should reflect what makes YOU happy as a couple.
3) Use Your Home’s Blueprint as a Visual Guide: Newly launched wedding registry platform, Blueprint Registry (http://www.BlueprintRegistry.com), lets you create a wedding registry based on the blueprint of your home. Using your home’s blueprint as a guide is a great way to get a visual representation of how these gifts will actually fit into their home and lets you shop room by room to make it feel less overwhelming.
4) Shop by Keywords: When you picture your home, what do you see? Before you get started, write down a few words that you think represent your personal style (eg outdoorsy, traditional, modern, or vintage). Have your significant other do the same and compare notes. Shopping with a “feel” you have in mind will keep you focused! Blueprint Registry lets you shop for gifts based on your personal style, making it easier to find products you love.
5) Do it Together: You’ll both be happier in the end if you actually have items you both like. Style is a relative term, however, finding the pieces that made our house a home is what will help create a home that reflects your personal styles as one.
Thank you Whittaker Portraits for sharing this fun and lively beach wedding. The photos are truly inspirational.